JOIN OUR TEAM
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Director will serve as the project coordinator for the twice-yearly conferences, the primary fundraiser gaining support from foundations, corporations, and individuals, organize all administrative functions, and track fellow participation, success, and satisfaction. This is a part-time position with the need for some flexibility as occasionally the hours vary. There are no support staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS
The Key Accountabilities for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Fundraising and Development: Design and execute the development plan and actively fundraise to increase revenue to support operations and fellow-funding through enhanced relationships with donors, partners, and corporate sponsors.
- Conference Planning and Execution: Plan, manage, and efficiently execute smooth training conferences, assuring a diverse group of high-quality fellows, yielding positive and impactful experiences for both faculty and fellows through the delivery of relevant topics and materials.
- Brand Ambassadorship: Expand stakeholder relationships and commitment to The Kneeland Project, growing brand awareness and social media engagement, with effective messaging, outreach, partnership collaboration, and purposeful calls-to-action.
- Fellow Management: Develop an intentional and comprehensive approach to engaging fellows through increased social media group interaction and growing deeper commitment through financial contributions, program referrals, and fellow testimonials.
- Board Relations and Support: In partnership with the board chair, recruit, retain, and engage a diverse and effective Board of Directors, leveraging their strengths to advance the mission, and provide the transparency necessary for effective board governance.
- Financial Management: Maintain a process to ensure the organization has the proper financial oversight, internal controls, forecasting, and transparent reporting to maintain the fiscal health of the organization.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication or related field
- Professional journalism experience required; broadcast or digital journalism experience preferred
- Proven results in event-planning, fundraising, sales, or strategic partnership building and/or a willingness to acquire and master these skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people internally and externally
- Effective, diplomatic, and clear communication style
- Ability to engage and educate community stakeholders in the vision of the organization
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience managing budgets
- Part-time commitment; estimated 20-25 hours per week, excluding bi-annual conferences.
- Travel required for bi-annual training conferences and may include limited relationship-building or business meeting trips.
The Kneeland Project encourages individuals with a strong record of performance to apply for the position even if they do not meet all the preferred requirements. We are committed to helping our future colleague develop these preferred skills.
Competitive salary based on experience: $50,000 – $70,000
Sagency, an executive search and leadership consulting firm, has been retained by The Carole Kneeland Project to conduct this search for an Executive Director. Sagency consultants will review and evaluate all interested parties to help the hiring team review a final group for consideration.
The search will be conducted in a professional manner and all potential candidates will be given consideration by the search firm and the chapter. Candidate conversations and information will be handled with great discretion and confidentiality. Sagency and The Carole Kneeland Project are equal-opportunity employers.
If after reading this Opportunity Profile, you feel that your experience, skills, and passion are a good match for the organization and this role, we would like to engage with you. Please read below for the first part of the application and selection process.
The first five steps of the application and selection process:
Step 1: Interested candidates complete the online application, which can be found at https://recruiterflow.com/sagency/jobs/183
· Upload your resume
· The online application will be posted until the position is filled.
Step 2: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant may schedule an initial phone call with qualified applicants.
Step 3: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant will schedule a 60-minute interview with specific candidates.
Step 4: If you are selected and choose to move on to interviews with the search committee, you will be asked to complete an online assessment.
Step 5: First-round interviews with The Carole Kneeland Project.
Please contact Tami Kilzer at 701.371.3324, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or inquiries. Thank you for your time and your interest in this role.