CASTLE ROCK, COLORADO
Michael Fabac is Corporate Director of News and Marketing for News-Press and Gazette Broadcasting. NPG is a family-owned media company with television, radio and newspaper properties in eight states.
Michael started with NPG in December, 2014 and works closely with the group’s news, marketing and digital teams to drive a culture of enterprise journalism and accountability.
Prior to joining NPG, Michael worked as news director at WCMH Columbus, OH, KXAN Austin, Texas, KLRT Little Rock, Arkansas and WNEM Flint, Michigan.
Highlights of his news director career include:
- Launched investigative teams in Columbus and Austin.
- Lone Star Emmy for team coverage in 2011.
- TX Headliners and TAPB awards for spot news coverage in 2010.
- Edward R. Murrow award for continuing coverage in 2007.
Michael has also enjoyed serving in the communities in which he has lived:
- Austin School of Film Board of Trustees 2008-2012
- TAB Open Government Task Force 2009 & 2011
- Downtown Little Rock Task Force 2006
- Saginaw, MI Salvation Army Advisory Board 2003
Michael currently works out of KRDO Colorado Springs – the same station where he began his career as an intern during high school. Michael and his wife Debra live in Castle Rock, CO with their two dogs.